School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   New Member Intros - Say Hello! (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/)
-   -   England calling! (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/england-calling-13545.html)

allenjh 04-06-2016 01:52 PM

England calling!

Hello all. I'm based in the lovely southwest of England. I was raised in Canada but moved to the UK 16 years ago. I'm in the process of trying to find a shortie to import into the UK from Canada. My parents live near niagra falls so they are doing the hunting for me! If anyone here knows of places selling buses in that area I would love to know!

Looking to convert to camper for me, the wife and two youngsters.

Glad I found this site, it looks great!

Tango 04-06-2016 03:54 PM

Welcome to the Madness. Plenty of the lovely Canooks on this board so maybe one of them can chime in with some suggestions and local info.

Scooternj 04-06-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 142013)
Welcome to the Madness. Plenty of the lovely Canooks on this board so maybe one of them can chime in with some suggestions and local info.

And we have a couple of Brits as well. You may way to get in touch with Timbrass. He's UK-located and can probably be a useful point of reference for you

sdwarf36 04-06-2016 04:37 PM

Welcome! The problem with anything from around Niagra Falls is rust. You're talking one of the snowyest areas-that loves road salt. Save yourself alot of aggravation down the road-find one down south + pay for your folks vacation to get it.

Robin97396 04-06-2016 04:54 PM

Shipping from the west coast shouldn't be that much more expensive than from the NY area. You know what they say, "Gold is where you find it."

allenjh 04-07-2016 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdwarf36 (Post 142019)
Welcome! The problem with anything from around Niagra Falls is rust. You're talking one of the snowyest areas-that loves road salt. Save yourself alot of aggravation down the road-find one down south + pay for your folks vacation to get it.

That is a concern. My parents winter in arizona so I might wait until they head back south in the autumn. That and there doesn't seem to be much in the area.

Thanks for all the other tips as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

EastCoastCB 04-07-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenjh (Post 142000)
Hello all. I'm based in the lovely southwest of England. I was raised in Canada but moved to the UK 16 years ago. I'm in the process of trying to find a shortie to import into the UK from Canada. My parents live near niagra falls so they are doing the hunting for me! If anyone here knows of places selling buses in that area I would love to know!

Looking to convert to camper for me, the wife and two youngsters.

Glad I found this site, it looks great!

Nice, my fiance is from Glasgow but moved here when she was 12. Even lost the wegian accent.

crazycal 04-07-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin97396 (Post 142022)
Shipping from the west coast shouldn't be that much more expensive than from the NY area. You know what they say, "Gold is where you find it."

The extra money you spend on shipping will be returned many times over not having to fix the rust.

Docsgsxr 04-07-2016 12:34 PM

Try AAA bus sales in Phoenix. They have a few shorties at any given time on there. Sometimes even a nice air conditioned public transit van too!

allenjh 04-08-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docsgsxr (Post 142108)
Try AAA bus sales in Phoenix. They have a few shorties at any given time on there. Sometimes even a nice air conditioned public transit van too!

Excellent tip. I'll check them out. Thanks!