School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Conversion General Discussions (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/)
-   -   What kind of mileage do you get? (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/what-kind-of-mileage-do-you-get-15.html)

Brad_SwiftFur 05-05-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1marc (Post 323787)
I was at a pump locally awhile back and noticed when you turn the pump handle on it would start rolling money on the screen, before I ever had the nozzle near the spout. I turned it off and tried another pump, did the same thing. Immediately got on the phone with the weights and measures people and had them out there with in the hour..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNW_Steve (Post 323802)
There was a "consumer alert" news story out of Seattle recently where they documented a number of pumps that would continue counting after you clicked the pump off.

And I don't know about in Seattle, but here in GA the authorities take that *VERY* seriously. The law is very clear, the pump *SHALL* be on zero before the first drop is dispensed.

o1marc 05-05-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur (Post 323829)
And I don't know about in Seattle, but here in GA the authorities take that *VERY* seriously. The law is very clear, the pump *SHALL* be on zero before the first drop is dispensed.

And they will bring a gallon or 5 gallon jug to check that it's accurate and shut you down right now if it isn't.

PNW_Steve 05-06-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur (Post 323829)

It appears that enforcement is inconsistent.

According to the news story it took Weights and Measures two weeks to respond to thier complaints.

Tin Roadtube Vagrant 06-24-2021 01:21 PM

12.48 MPG with a 3126B CAT, 6 speed manual Fuller trans and holding at 63MPG on flat earth (across Illinois)

flattracker 06-24-2021 02:15 PM

I reliably got 10 MPG with my "old Crown" and once got 11 MPG going across eastern Oregon. Most of the time on the highway I had the pedal to the metal since top speed was about 63 MPH except downhill.
I only have one trip in the new Crown so far, and that was with the original engine and gearing. My speed on that trip got up to 70 MPH a lot on I5 (based on GPS) and the tach didn't work but I know I exceeded redline.
With the replacement engine producing about 430 HP and the tall gears (3.42) I am looking for maybe 8-9 MPG on the highway. I took it on a 90 mile round trip to see how it would do on the road and found the speedometer needed to be watched as 70 MPH came too easy (Oregon HWY 140 is a 2 lane back road and at 70 the cops would put down their lunch to get you. At 65 they don't even look up.)
Any opinions about my expectations?