School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   New Member Intros - Say Hello! (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello... (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/hello-15484.html)

Oldmopars 11-10-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeamiss (Post 170881)
It's an IR Titanium and if i knew how to post a picture of it I would. I have to work on that.

I have one of those too, you break bolts and destroy stuff long before the gun gives up. In some ways, almost too much power, almost.

tobeamiss 11-10-2016 09:59 PM

good to know :D
Some of them snap off and some of them I have to cut off. But MOST are hanging tough and come out whole.

DoubleO7 11-12-2016 03:10 PM

if your still under the bus with the socket wrench, get you a large piece of cardboard or cut down a large box to make a tray.
Then punch a hole in the center for the socket extention to go thru it and make yourself an umbrella.
:biggrin:

Brewerbob 11-12-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 170529)
in my case its.. 'crap the weather sucks.. Grab a BUS!! and NOT the greyhound!'..

Hence the bus into an RV. This rain sucks. This snow sucks. This heat sucks. This gray sucks. This sun sucks. This ______ sucks.

Quote:

I do like SNOW!!! just not snow and endless grey so yeah I might actually be one of those that would go BACK to Ohio when a massive Blizzard was predicted imminent (thats when snow is fun)...
-Christopher
25"+ inches of snow is fun in a pick up. Even more when you don't have to go to work.

Brewerbob 11-12-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeamiss (Post 170875)
Any ideas what we can do differently?

Tighten them and they will all break!!

Brewerbob 11-12-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeamiss (Post 170877)
The property is just outside of Hampton....in Crocketville. The town really doesn't exist anymore and I'm surprised that there's a sign for it.

Never heard of either I don't think.

cadillackid 11-12-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewerbob (Post 171073)
Hence the bus into an RV. This rain sucks. This snow sucks. This heat sucks. This gray sucks. This sun sucks. This ______ sucks.

25"+ inches of snow is fun in a pick up. Even more when you don't have to go to work.

ive always had Jeeps in the snow.. have a silverado now... got it in 15 but it never snowed in ohio much last year so didnt get it out much in the snow..

havent had a school bus out in the snow yet.. dont plan on it either..
-Christopher

Brewerbob 11-12-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 171079)

havent had a school bus out in the snow yet.. dont plan on it either..
-Christopher

Get some bald tires and drift in a 40 ft bus. New bucket list item!!

cadillackid 11-12-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewerbob (Post 171080)

the drives on the little bluebird are nice tread but still look like they would slide nice in the snow!!.. never done a donut in a school bus but in ohio we got lots of Nice big empty parking lots!..

in the DEV the drives have Gnarly lookin tread so dont imagine I can spin those much..
-Christopher

Brewerbob 11-12-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 171095)
in the DEV the drives have Gnarly lookin tread so dont imagine I can spin those much..
-Christopher

Just means you aren't trying hard enough.

cadillackid 11-12-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewerbob (Post 171113)
Just means you aren't trying hard enough.

only so much a DT-360 behind an AT545 can do in a bus rated at 27500 lbs lol
-Christopher

tobeamiss 11-14-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewerbob (Post 171076)
Tighten them and they will all break!!

I thought of that because it works when opening a bottlee of soda :) .....no go, but..... after a full day's work yesterday with the angle grinder ( because i got tired of messing around with the impact wrench and going under the bus) I only have 8 to go out of 22 !!!! It's a beautiful thing having all of that open space :)

tobeamiss 11-14-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleO7 (Post 171048)
if your still under the bus with the socket wrench, get you a large piece of cardboard or cut down a large box to make a tray.
Then punch a hole in the center for the socket extention to go thru it and make yourself an umbrella.
:biggrin:

Good idea but I'm so done with that. This should work though when it comes time to hang my water tanks....ughhh, I'm dreading that! Thanks for the great advice :)

tobeamiss 11-14-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewerbob (Post 171080)

No thank you....

tobeamiss 11-17-2016 02:32 PM

I finally got all the seats out! Took roughly 16 hrs total... not too shabby for this old lady LOL It's time to take a break and get my plan of action together.
I think I better start a new thread on my progress..... stay tuned .... :D