School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/)
-   -   My Latest GovDeals Score! (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/my-latest-govdeals-score-15685.html)

EastCoastCB 11-07-2016 06:15 PM

My Latest GovDeals Score!
 
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...24&itemid=991&

Its an hour or two drive from me, I had to JUMP on this sweet cruiser!:biggrin:

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_24.jpg

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_4.jpg

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_20.jpg

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_15.jpg

Quote:

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor SEDAN 4-DR, 4.6L V8.

This is a pretty nice unit, it was an administration car and was not in Patrol Operation. This was an Interceptor Package ordered in "Mom & Pop" configuration, cloth interior, upgraded trim package and wheel covers.

This unit starts with a jump and runs good. A/C is ice cold, power windows, locks and trunk release all work. This unit runs out real good, shifts good and is just plain nice.

There are some paint issues with this unit (look closely at the pictures) and that is the only down side of it. Interior will clean up real good.

All in all a real nice "Sleeper" Cop Car at a low starting bid.

I've ALWAYS wanted one of these... I did have a 97 civilian model, but I always yearned for the full police interceptor package. I like that this one never saw any real patrol duty. Looks nice! Can't wait to go pick it up.:dance::dance::dance:

A quick trip to Maaco or my own garage paint job, and it'll be a nice car. May be a good one to flip come tax season. These cars are VERY popular on the streets here.

milkmania 11-07-2016 07:06 PM

Here's the one I want!!!

2008 Dodge Charger 5.7L Hemi Police Pkg

cadillackid 11-07-2016 07:17 PM

oh hell yeah!! did you win it?

I had a chevy version (9C1) car but never had the CVPI.. always thought they were cool though!!
-Christopher

milkmania 11-07-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 170341)
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...24&itemid=991&

Its an hour or two drive from me, I had to JUMP on this sweet cruiser!:biggrin:

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_24.jpg

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_4.jpg

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_20.jpg

https://www.govdeals.com/photos/1524/1524_991_15.jpg




I've ALWAYS wanted one of these... I did have a 97 civilian model, but I always yearned for the full police interceptor package. I like that this one never saw any real patrol duty. Looks nice! Can't wait to go pick it up.:dance::dance::dance:

A quick trip to Maaco or my own garage paint job, and it'll be a nice car. May be a good one to flip come tax season. These cars are VERY popular on the streets here.

Awesome score! And they ride awesome too!

Don't forget when dealing with anti-freeze on these cars that you have to go through a pretty extensive process of burping the air bubbles out. That remote reservoir is a real PITA at times.

Kubla 11-07-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmania (Post 170353)

look for 2 things, the transmissions on these failed regularly in police duty and the Hemi's had cam and lifter problems

I had a 94 caprice 9C1 police package for awhile, great car

EastCoastCB 11-07-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 170355)
oh hell yeah!! did you win it?

I had a chevy version (9C1) car but never had the CVPI.. always thought they were cool though!!
-Christopher

Oh yeah!

We've been watching for a good deal on a solid car to replace the Focus we sold a few months ago.
I can even pull my trailer with it, if I put a hitch on it.:thumb:
These cars are tough, and cheap- good stuff for the money. I'll be $1490 in it out the door and getting it home!
Not as many of these administrative cars around. The black and whites see much rougher use, for sure.
The subaru is horrible for road trips, so now we can at least hit the highways comfortably.
I NEED a van, but I couldn't pass up this deal. Will keep fishing for a van. Work has been good, but a van would make it even better.
Man, I love the deals on these auctions. You just gotta low bid and watch a lot.

EastCoastCB 11-07-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubla (Post 170361)
look for 2 things, the transmissions on these failed regularly in police duty and the Hemi's had cam and lifter problems

I had a 94 caprice 9C1 police package for awhile, great car

Yeah, I've heard the cop mopars weren't holding up real well. I've seen a LOT of em at auction and hardly ever any runners. Lots of tranny problems. My buddy has one. Transmissions on em are nightmares, from what I've heard.

EastCoastCB 11-07-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmania (Post 170358)
Awesome score! And they ride awesome too!

Don't forget when dealing with anti-freeze on these cars that you have to go through a pretty extensive process of burping the air bubbles out. That remote reservoir is a real PITA at times.

Seems like burping air out of ANY vehicle I've owned is a huge PITA. Good heads up, as I'll definitely be changing out all the fluids and filters unless I find evidence that they've JUST been done.

milkmania 11-07-2016 08:19 PM

Have had this one to 140 a couple times... Hemi is way too much motor for this car, IMO
BUT, it's still fun to drive... Son chickens out at 125

Would love to drive the police package hemi, I've got a heads up for when a OHP buddy is turning his in for a newer one.

https://www.skoolie.net/attachments/p...2a23bb02fd.jpg

I love the ride of the Crown & Lincoln sedans... Next thing you know, you look down and you're doing 90 and they're not even breathing hard!

cadillackid 11-07-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 170362)
Oh yeah!

We've been watching for a good deal on a solid car to replace the Focus we sold a few months ago.
I can even pull my trailer with it, if I put a hitch on it.:thumb:
These cars are tough, and cheap- good stuff for the money. I'll be $1490 in it out the door and getting it home!
Not as many of these administrative cars around. The black and whites see much rougher use, for sure.
The subaru is horrible for road trips, so now we can at least hit the highways comfortably.
I NEED a van, but I couldn't pass up this deal. Will keep fishing for a van. Work has been good, but a van would make it even better.
Man, I love the deals on these auctions. You just gotta low bid and watch a lot.

hard to get an admin car is right.. thats a score... the 9C1 i had was the old square body and was a detective car for the columbus police.. detective cars were used year round but didnt have police lights so no pursuit and no holes all over the car from radio gear.. and they were stored inside..
that car of yours looks almost like it couldve spent alot of time in a parking garage..

yeah for sure on the auctions.. so far that little bus I got from texas seems like the real deal and it was Cheap.. at least I feel it was Cheap for what all it has and the shape its in... working A/C, drivetrain seems solid, 2013 tires (chinese but still)..
talked to the paint guy today and he said for a schoolie there is surprisingly few dents and dings in it and they havent run into any rust really at all.. other than the typical bits of surface 'rust run' he called it around a few rivets but no rot...

it runs the gambit.. we see people here paying big bucks for the same bus that someone 2 weeks later gets for 1/3 or less the cost... every auction is different...

im sure i paid too much for the Carpenter... however it has been a good bus... I needed a bus quick for some spring / summer projects.. and I made those goals, completed the projects, and success... the insurance company did pay out well from the previous little bluebird fire... I called foul on that fiasco and made out.. 12 ten pound fire extuingishers in the building and not a one was deployed.. (plus the 3 five pounders on and around my bus .. yet the guys tried to beat the fire with their hoodies.. oh yeahh....

we gotta get together and show off some toys before I go back to C-bus for the holidays..

-Christopher

deftone 11-07-2016 10:48 PM

Good find! I love Govdeals!

What is the difference between the civilian and police models?

kentuk 11-08-2016 12:39 AM

GREAT CARS. Have had two of them put over 330,000 miles on one. 20-22 in town 24-25 mpg on hiway.Cruse all day on road trips at 80 mph. Top speed 140+. Heavy duty Rad. special Trans.w/cooler, 390 rear end. Heavy duty shocks. Replaced water pump and tie rods. and a fan belt techion wheel is all the problems I ever had in the time I owned it . (A few years) one of the best cars I have ever owned and I think one of the best built. Will out perform a standard Crown Vic . Faster, handles twisting roads and curves like a big sports car. Service the engine and keep GOOD tires on it and it will last a Loooong time.

AlleyCat67 11-08-2016 01:04 AM

I'm a GM afficionado myself but I do like a Crown Vic... and I've looked multiple times for the Crown Vic PI model but all the ones I can find have too many things wrong with them for me to seriously consider purchasing one. They either don't run at all or the ones that do require serious repairs to either interior or powertrain to be operable, so I just gave up looking.

EastCoastCB 11-08-2016 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deftone (Post 170411)
Good find! I love Govdeals!

What is the difference between the civilian and police models?

The police cars have quite a list of upgrades. Higher HP, Better brakes, suspension, shifting, rear gearing. And they have bucket seats instead of the bench- just to name a few! They even come with a NICE aluminum driveshaft.

oricha1984 11-08-2016 07:47 AM

Looks nice !

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

Tango 11-08-2016 08:09 AM

My favorite feature on the police cars around here...the artillery wheels.

EastCoastCB 11-08-2016 08:41 AM

Just got my buyers certificate and with tax and seller fees the total out the door price came to $1499.96
Not bad at all!

milkmania 11-08-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 170435)
The police cars have quite a list of upgrades. Higher HP, Better brakes, suspension, shifting, rear gearing. And they have bucket seats instead of the bench- just to name a few! They even come with a NICE aluminum driveshaft.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...zFFJq-yejsY35I

oricha1984 11-08-2016 08:53 AM

Now just add 22" rims, big stereo system in the trunk, and PURPLE paint job.
You'll be ready for undercover work ;-)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e1d90374c8.jpg

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

EastCoastCB 11-08-2016 08:59 AM

Found out why the paint has the blemishes...
I talked to the fleet manager, an OLD SCHOOL cop who gave me the whole story. Comical, really. He said it was the head of Internal Affairs' car and that it was vandalized by "unknown persons" during a heared IA investigation.
A quick trip to Maaco will fix this. Guy said its a really nice car other than the paint.
We had a really nice conversation about the "good old days".... :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.