School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Short-Bus Conversion Projects (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/)
-   -   EastCoastCB's Shorty Thread (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/eastcoastcbs-shorty-thread-17069.html)

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 11:07 AM

EastCoastCB's Shorty Thread
 
Since getting the shorty home from Aurora CO, and cleaning it up a bit, I've been enjoying the HELL out of it. Got MOST of the stickers and decals off. I started another thread on it, but since this is the shorty section, I figured I'd do any posting about it here from now on.
The plan is to enjoy it as-is for the most part. I may add a few things. It came well equipped and due to the weight and pass rating, I can use it the way it is and need no cdl, even with the seats. :dance:

https://i.imgur.com/pdb6UFx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tNPyrrA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wzBUhBD.jpg

Immediate plans are to paint it white, possible light blue with a white roof. Dave took my advice about flat white for his roof and we were super impressed with the results. A powered roof vent with rain cover are also in the plans.

If any more buses like this one pop up at the auctions, I'll consider buying a couple more to resell. The size is really ideal for a LOT of purposes. I stuck this one on CL for the fun of it. If someone wants to pay me top dollar for it, I'd part with it. Otherwise I'm having a blast driving it and it fits in my driveway! that's a big deal!

pepepito 03-08-2017 11:18 AM

Super nice Bus, that was my dreamed bus to get, same size.

How was the paperwork to bring it to bc and insure it ?

Thanks.

oricha1984 03-08-2017 11:22 AM

Looks good man. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

cadillackid 03-08-2017 11:32 AM

I love this bus, Ive ridden it, havent gotten to drive it yet.. and this size bus is perfect for a RunAbout.... im also lookign for another one if the deal comes up right.. I just have to make sure EC and I dont bid against each other.. LOL..

are you going to Shoot it with paint or roll it? if you are going to roll it, im real interested.. if I get another one i might try to paint it myself if I can roll it..

now if we can just set these shorties up so they run cool at full speed..


-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepepito (Post 189396)
Super nice Bus, that was my dreamed bus to get, same size.

How was the paperwork to bring it to bc and insure it ?

Thanks.

BC?
Im in FL. I just got an ins policy and my friend flew out with his wife and drive it home from CO.

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 189401)
I love this bus, Ive ridden it, havent gotten to drive it yet.. and this size bus is perfect for a RunAbout.... im also lookign for another one if the deal comes up right.. I just have to make sure EC and I dont bid against each other.. LOL..

are you going to Shoot it with paint or roll it? if you are going to roll it, im real interested.. if I get another one i might try to paint it myself if I can roll it..

now if we can just set these shorties up so they run cool at full speed..


-Christopher

Since it isn't huge, I may spray it. But a roller job can look REAL good, too.
I'm probably gona do the usual- rustoleum with a hardener. Will likely go with a satin clear coat to help keep the paint from fading as fast from the UV rays.

cadillackid 03-08-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189405)
Since it isn't huge, I may spray it. But a roller job can look REAL good, too.
I'm probably gona do the usual- rustoleum with a hardener. Will likely go with a satin clear coat to help keep the paint from fading as fast from the UV rays.

If I get another one, I need to find a place where I could spray...

hey to the Post about bringing your bus to BC, we just solved your engine heating issues.. take it to BC, guaranteed not to over-temp
-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 189410)
If I get another one, I need to find a place where I could spray...

hey to the Post about bringing your bus to BC, we just solved your engine heating issues.. take it to BC, guaranteed not to over-temp
-Christopher

From what I've garnered from internet forums, I'm not really having any actual "issues". Its just normal stuff, par for the course. Till you and me come up with something better. By "you and me" I'm mostly meaning you, of course. lol
A full 3900 or 4700 style rad and aftermarket intercooler or used one from something that would be compatible, and these things would be "bulletproofed".
I'm also going to consider installing an extra oil cooler for the 545 at high speeds and in the hills.
I'm planning to replace my coolant in about 5000 miles or so, so I'm gonna try Water Wetter's HD diesel additive. From what I've read about it on the web, it can't hurt it at all. If it helps, thats an easy upgrade!
I know it helped my kawasaki monster bike run cooler.
What sorta place you need for painting?
Any of my facilities or space are available for you any time, man!

Phatman 03-08-2017 12:42 PM

I like it ECCB. Have fun !!!:dance:

cadillackid 03-08-2017 12:49 PM

I was a religious user of watter-wetter in my Hotrod cars.. and it did work... very well actually... but then I also had the niceity of 5 core aluminum radiators..

yes the 444E runs hot by nature... ive seen some 4700's with the 1/2 rads also...

the rad I sent you a link of would fit the frame of our busses..

I do know thus far ive kept mine below 210 by turning my fan clutch temp down.. I also havent taken the radiator out to have it steamed.. my radiator was replaced in 04.. (the one time my comoputer reported an over-temp)... so 12 years in Texas heat i should probably pull it and see what it looks like inside..

that should probably be the first steps before going radical is to make sure the existing pieces are doing their jobs...

the 444E is considered in Over-temp at 230..I didnt notice which gauge you have... there were 2 manufactured.. I believe we both have the 140-280 scale gauges.. the 94-97's I think were the ones that got the same gauge as the DT-466 which tops at 230..

the Alarms in the computers on the 444E are programmed to ring and scream at 230..

im just in the 'DT' mindset of running much cooler... my DT-360 has the 1/2 rad and running flat out i never see the thing go above 190...

-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 01:05 PM

I'm going to try all you said, Chris. And i'll definitely take you up on that offer of helping adjust my fan clutch.
But the temp runs PErFECT except once its revved over 2300 for any duration. Could be tranny heat?
Will see what the water wetter does, for science. Summer is coming and any cooling help will be a real good thing.

edit- my temp gauge goes from 100- 230.

cadillackid 03-08-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189419)
I'm going to try all you said, Chris. And i'll definitely take you up on that offer of helping adjust my fan clutch.
But the temp runs PErFECT except once its revved over 2300 for any duration. Could be tranny heat?
Will see what the water wetter does, for science. Summer is coming and any cooling help will be a real good thing.

edit- my temp gauge goes from 100- 230.


FYI my bus does the same thing... 2300 or above and my temp goes up.. then my fan goes crazy off and on to hold it below 210..

at least in 85 degree weather thats what it did.. when i first got it, it would run up to close to the 230 mark if I didnt slow it down...

your fan clutch looks new so im thiniing its good..

you have the gauge I wish I did.. but then I read my temp from the computer because i found my gauge on the dash is a bit inconsistemt and somewhat inaccurate.

tranny heat is what im wondering too.. though ive not seen my trans temp gauge go over 160 yet.. and that matches the temp gunb readings I get.

-Christopher

Bluespoet 03-08-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189405)
Since it isn't huge, I may spray it. But a roller job can look REAL good, too.
I'm probably gona do the usual- rustoleum with a hardener. Will likely go with a satin clear coat to help keep the paint from fading as fast from the UV rays.

I believe that the "roll and stiple" technique used on boats will work just as good as spraying. A bus surface is not as smooth as a car, basically roll and stiple is one person rolls on the paint and the person behind smooths it out with a brush. If you use foam brushes then get the high quality ones. This also has the advantage of using less paint and less air pollution. I always recommend that people talk to a mfg paint rep for free and often they will come and take a look at your bus. Oil based paint lost its advantage about forty yrs ago, yet many people will use it out of tradition or familiarity, where as latex paint is more durable, can be painted over oil, but not the other way around. Often you can even get paint free from the mfg rep if they are doing a large industrial project they will have hundreds of gallons left over from the job.

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluespoet (Post 189458)
I believe that the "roll and stiple" technique used on boats will work just as good as spraying. A bus surface is not as smooth as a car, basically roll and stiple is one person rolls on the paint and the person behind smooths it out with a brush. If you use foam brushes then get the high quality ones. This also has the advantage of using less paint and less air pollution. I always recommend that people talk to a mfg paint rep for free and often they will come and take a look at your bus. Oil based paint lost its advantage about forty yrs ago, yet many people will use it out of tradition or familiarity, where as latex paint is more durable, can be painted over oil, but not the other way around. Often you can even get paint free from the mfg rep if they are doing a large industrial project they will have hundreds of gallons left over from the job.

I can get rustoleum for $24 a gallon. I'm not a fan of latex. Water based paints are the worst. Oil based is more durable.

Bluespoet 03-08-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189487)
I can get rustoleum for $24 a gallon. I'm not a fan of latex. Water based paints are the worst. Oil based is more durable.

I am sorry EastCoastCB, not trying to put you down, but what you said is just ignorant. The company I worked for sprayed about a millions gallons of paint a year and I was the painter for my dept. Certainly rustoleum will do an ok job esp since it is on a bus, but it is inferior to latex and that is simply fact and any paint chemist will tell you so, but personally I like free paint better,
Anyone can say any ignorant thing on facebook, I recommend that you talk to a mfg rep which has no cost and often will inspect your rig for free to boot. Personally I am happy for you to use any paint system you like, if you like oil which you obviously do, then oil it is, but to say it is superior is just ignorant.

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 06:31 PM

Its my opinion. I'm free to it. I'm not painting wood. I'm painting buses, and for cheap with good old oil based.
Screw that water based crap.

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 06:38 PM

If I were going to go with anything other than oil based enamels from hardware stores, I'd go get some cheap single stage automotive stuff. Which I may actually do on the shorty, since I could probably get it into some sort of paint booth like setting.

Bluespoet 03-08-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189503)
Its my opinion. I'm free to it. I'm not painting wood. I'm painting buses, and for cheap with good old oil based.
Screw that water based crap.

It is your opinion I am NOT trying to stop you from using oil based paint, but it is an ignorant opinion and ANY PAINT CHEMIST OR PAINT MFG REP WILL TELL YOU SO.

We NEVER used oil based paint in the shipyard, our customers never asked for it and we were the largest private shipyard on the west coast. I didn't get my information from a guess. Everyone will paint with what they want and that is fine with me, but to propagate fake news may make you presidential, but not truthful.

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluespoet (Post 189513)
It is your opinion I am NOT trying to stop you from using oil based paint, but it is an ignorant opinion and ANY PAINT CHEMIST OR PAINT MFG REP WILL TELL YOU SO.

We NEVER used oil based paint in the shipyard, our customers never asked for it and we were the largest private shipyard on the west coast. I didn't get my information from a guess. Everyone will paint with what they want and that is fine with me, but to propagate fake news may make you presidential, but not truthful.

Just go on somewhere else with all that negative bs. Thanks. BTW- nice "fake news" catch-word useage.

superdave 03-08-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluespoet (Post 189513)
It is your opinion I am NOT trying to stop you from using oil based paint, but it is an ignorant opinion and ANY PAINT CHEMIST OR PAINT MFG REP WILL TELL YOU SO.

We NEVER used oil based paint in the shipyard, our customers never asked for it and we were the largest private shipyard on the west coast. I didn't get my information from a guess. Everyone will paint with what they want and that is fine with me, but to propagate fake news may make you presidential, but not truthful.

the best paint around was oil based paint with lead. they have been trying to make water based paint as good as oil based for 40 years. yes there are some great water based paints out there and i use them every day. no paint lays flatter on interior trim than oil base, nothing looks better or last longer. oil based paint with a hardner is a good choice for this application, there are others.

cadillackid 03-08-2017 08:14 PM

ive really got no idea about paints or how to use them...
HOWEVER.. ive bought lots of cars.... including classic ones..

Nothing EVER has shined like my old oil-based enamel 1976 Black eldorado..
I just got a brand spankin new top of the line chevy malibu and it shines nice .. but *NOT* like that old eldorado did...

poh and i remember as a kid accidentilly rubbing dads 69 Black GTO with bicycle handlebars and we didnt scratch the car..

heck nowadays a kid bouncing a basketball off a new car will damage the paint!

while water-based may be easy to use and apply... I dont believe it can last like a solid oil
-Christopher

oricha1984 03-08-2017 08:52 PM

Well my son is sick, so I'm awake anyways. So I'll just join the other guy since it is 3v1 at this point.


Water based paint is best in my opinion. I always make sure I use it on patient's skin before starting an IV.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 189544)
Well my son is sick, so I'm awake anyways. So I'll just join the other guy since it is 3v1 at this point.


Water based paint is best in my opinion. I always make sure I use it on patient's skin before starting an IV.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

How many buses have you painted with it?

I mean we can debate about this paint thing all day, but its my bus, my thread, and I'm pretty much already set on what to do when it comes time to repaint it.
I was just sorta making a "build thread". Not trying to have a pissing contest with anyone.

SOrry to hear you lil one is sick. I just got over a really nasty cold or something. I was down all week last week.

oricha1984 03-08-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189546)
How many buses have you painted with it?

I mean we can debate about this paint thing all day, but its my bus, my thread, and I'm pretty much already set on what to do when it comes time to repaint it.
I was just sorta making a "build thread". Not trying to have a pissing contest with anyone.

SOrry to hear you lil one is sick. I just got over a really nasty cold or something. I was down all week last week.

East, I was trolling you guys ;-)
My quote "I always make sure I use it on patient's skin before starting an IV."
Using paint on skin before staring IV !?!?
Hehe, I was joking.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

EastCoastCB 03-08-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 189552)
East, I was trolling you guys ;-)
My quote "I always make sure I use it on patient's skin before starting an IV."
Using paint on skin before staring IV !?!?
Hehe, I was joking.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

I kinda got your tongue in cheek troll...:wink1:

oricha1984 03-08-2017 09:40 PM

.lol.
Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

Tango 03-08-2017 10:47 PM

Detroit has done it's best to make water based paint work fo years now to keep the EPA happy. And it still sucks. Brand new cars on the lot with rust popping through. Sorry, but putting water on metal is a stupid idea.

Rusty 03-08-2017 10:58 PM

Water based paints have come miles from when they started formulating them. Oil based paints are great if you don't want to prep properly, but some water based paints do last. They are easier and safer to apply.

I've painted many large trucks with Behr and it is the bomb.

\BEHR-Premium-Plus-Ultra-1-gal-Ultra-Pure-White-Semi-Gloss-Enamel-Exterior2

I spray Rust-Oleum by the gallon as it has it's place, but you can't argue with results.

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 189527)
ive really got no idea about paints or how to use them...
HOWEVER.. ive bought lots of cars.... including classic ones..

Nothing EVER has shined like my old oil-based enamel 1976 Black eldorado..
I just got a brand spankin new top of the line chevy malibu and it shines nice .. but *NOT* like that old eldorado did...

poh and i remember as a kid accidentilly rubbing dads 69 Black GTO with bicycle handlebars and we didnt scratch the car..

heck nowadays a kid bouncing a basketball off a new car will damage the paint!

while water-based may be easy to use and apply... I dont believe it can last like a solid oil
-Christopher

The water based paint on my Subaru degrades if you look at it. Its easily the crappiest factory automotive paint I've ever seen.

Gona take the shorty kayaking today on the Ocklawaha.
Should be fun. Gotta love having a bus to USE!

cadillackid 03-09-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189593)
The water based paint on my Subaru degrades if you look at it. Its easily the crappiest factory automotive paint I've ever seen.

Gona take the shorty kayaking today on the Ocklawaha.
Should be fun. Gotta love having a bus to USE!

what a perfect use for a bus too!! no worries about wet swimsuits on the seats, toss the kayaks in the aisles and rock N roll!!

my roomate worked at Honda for years at the marysville ohio plant.. one of his Jobs was to treat the waste-water that is produced by the paint shop, each year the EPA got toghter and tighter as to the fact the water coming out of that plant was more likely cleaner than the water run through city-water treatment plants.. he himself saw how many brand new cars had to go through re-paint and touch up, simply because a worker's lab coat button rubbed against a car would scratch it....

and to the effect of Environmrntal care would be that cars are now touched and retouched so much that the effects of the storng EPA may be negative.. theres a couple body shops I walk by in the city of columbus while on my marathon walks.. each one advertises specials on fixing paint dings in cars.. in the spring every year the lines are out the door for everyone getting rock chips, shopping cart dings, etc taken out of their nice expensive cars...

the tale of my 2 busses will be an interesting one to follow as far as paint. the DEV, painted by BGA was painted with an oil-based (somewhat bottom of the barrel) acrylic singfle stage I believe is what he told me...

the RedByrd was painted automotive style with a base coat and 3 clear coat system...

the redbyrd has some paint chips on the fiberglass hood and grill already.. the DEV does not..

the DEV has a little bit of rust around a few screws ..not bubbling the paint but coming up from underneath..



a Tale of 2 businesses..

the painter of the RedByrd said next time i have the bus in town he will fix the paint on the fiberglass hood free of charge,

BGA charged me to touch up the paint around those screw holes last fall..



im not trying to fuel a fire here.. im just posing real-world experience with 2 busses that get driven regularly in all kinds of weather.. presumably what most Skoolies on here will be.. driven, used, and stored or parked in all kinds of weather..

-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 06:40 AM

I still haven't seen the DEV bus, but RedByrd sure is a looker.

superdave 03-09-2017 07:01 AM

3 of us rolled on my oil paint with a hardner outside in the sun and it looks better every day, think its still curing. best 100 dollar paint job ive ever had. thanks again eccb

cadillackid 03-09-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdave (Post 189605)
3 of us rolled on my oil paint with a hardner outside in the sun and it looks better every day, think its still curing. best 100 dollar paint job ive ever had. thanks again eccb

your bus looks great!, thats enough reason and encouragement to say that bus #3 i will paint myself with a roller :)

-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdave (Post 189605)
3 of us rolled on my oil paint with a hardner outside in the sun and it looks better every day, think its still curing. best 100 dollar paint job ive ever had. thanks again eccb

If I'd known you were painting I'd have gotten there sooner!

I think it came out great, especially under the conditions. Humid, hot, sunny.
The roof looked GREAT!
Totally gona do the same flat on top on this shorty.
Will probably have a couple gallons of that oil based stuff you had tinted a light blue green. Roxy likes the Tiffany color.
https://hbu.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/04/...a-0309-xlg.jpg

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 189606)
your bus looks great!, thats enough reason and encouragement to say that bus #3 i will paint myself with a roller :)

-Christopher

Lemme know if you want/need a hand with that!:thumb:

dan-fox 03-09-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189593)
Gona take the shorty kayaking today on the Ocklawaha. Should be fun. Gotta love having a bus to USE!

Does the damn thing even float?

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan-fox (Post 189644)
Does the damn thing even float?

Thanks to the air seat and rear air ride, it floats down the road like a dream. :biggrin:

We had a great time, the bus did awesome.
Until we ran it out of fuel in the boonies. Total idiot mistake, but it was an honest mistake.
We'd topped it off, but since the gauge doesn't work and we had done some "miscalculating", we ended up running out of fuel. Sucked big time. Out on 40 coming back from Silver Springs. About five miles from 19.
Luckily, my AWESOME bus savior Shaun came out with a 5 gallon jug of diesel for us. After a bit of fuss "priming" it, it finally fired back up. Only a 2.5 hour delay. At least it was somewhere sorta scenic and NOT in Ocala. At least I didn't have to prime and bleed like an old rig. Just turned it over several times. After about 3-4 times, it seemed to get primed and fired.

Filled her up to the max, and I'm gona get that fuel gauge working sometime real soon!

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 07:34 PM

BS aside- we had a GREAT time today!

https://i.imgur.com/ZxYoEJt.jpg
Headin up 40 almost to Silver Springs!

https://i.imgur.com/UmXrTgC.jpg
enjoyed some quality time on the water. Saw lots of wildlife. Turtles, gators, and lots of monkeys. Even saw a guy getting chased down a trail by two furious males. Dude was terrified, I woulda been too!

https://i.imgur.com/TPexk54.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WCxbKJI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tWucr3e.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QeFYjwH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PqeLX3I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uGK1lbS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hyLBP1d.jpg

Monkeys were harder to get pics from-
https://i.imgur.com/KK1dPJa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C8rcFxO.jpg
gator getting some sun
https://i.imgur.com/hN3OL4H.jpg

Everyone had a good time, even waiting on fuel!
https://i.imgur.com/NTdzDUc.jpg

yellowxj 03-09-2017 07:38 PM

You were about 15 min from my house. :)

Jeep, bus, repeat.

EastCoastCB 03-09-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowxj (Post 189719)
You were about 15 min from my house. :)

Jeep, bus, repeat.

lol I was actually telling Roxy that!
Man, we were worried for a bit, but once it fired up all was well. Just a mere 2 hour delay. Adventure!

Stewzer55 03-09-2017 10:32 PM

Tiffany blue is a nice color, Would probably look pretty good on the bus.

EastCoastCB 03-10-2017 07:05 AM

If we don't do that color on the shorty, we will on our big bus.

A guy is coming by to look at this shorty today. I'm asking TOP dollar, but it is a fantastic bus. IF he wants it, I'm not gonna be too negotiable. I'll gladly keep this thing and drive the wheels off it!
If it does sell, I'm buying two more!

cadillackid 03-10-2017 07:36 AM

People tend to pay Top dollar in florida for busses.. if I decide to sell the DEV and get a different Bus, id surely bring it to florida!...

-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-10-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 189787)
People tend to pay Top dollar in florida for busses.. if I decide to sell the DEV and get a different Bus, id surely bring it to florida!...

-Christopher

I'd almost hate to get rid of this bus. It IS really sweet.
But money is money.
I still want THIS bus with 466 and better tranny.

I'm definitely not in any rush to sell.
If I have it long enough to paint it and do some mechanical upgrades, it will likely be our forever bus.

cadillackid 03-10-2017 07:54 AM

that bus in a 466 is pretty common.. but I have yet to see one with a 643.. im sure they are out there though.. ive seen the newer stuff in 6 window busses with the Overdrives.. but then it seems so many were built with the ill-fated VT-365 and overdrive... there has to be some 466 / allison 2000 shorties out there.. I just havent found them yet..

the 3126 Cat and allison 2000 in a shortie is pretty common
-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-10-2017 07:57 AM

You should drive this thing some time. I'd like your opinion on it. I think it drives amazingly.
The only cats I need are sitting on my couch next to me right now.:wink1:

I'd take a 466 with ANY tranny in this size bus with air ride and high headroom. But I'm willing to be patient and vigilant, as usual. Not being in any rush gives me good odds.

Vderks 03-11-2017 01:03 PM

Kinda off the point, but I really did not know there were wild monkeys in Florida.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 189718)
BS aside- we had a GREAT time today!

https://i.imgur.com/ZxYoEJt.jpg
Headin up 40 almost to Silver Springs!

https://i.imgur.com/UmXrTgC.jpg
enjoyed some quality time on the water. Saw lots of wildlife. Turtles, gators, and lots of monkeys. Even saw a guy getting chased down a trail by two furious males. Dude was terrified, I woulda been too!

https://i.imgur.com/TPexk54.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WCxbKJI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tWucr3e.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QeFYjwH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PqeLX3I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uGK1lbS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hyLBP1d.jpg

Monkeys were harder to get pics from-
https://i.imgur.com/KK1dPJa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C8rcFxO.jpg
gator getting some sun
https://i.imgur.com/hN3OL4H.jpg

Everyone had a good time, even waiting on fuel!
https://i.imgur.com/NTdzDUc.jpg


cadillackid 03-11-2017 01:28 PM

I learned something new too as i also didnt know they were in florida..
-Christopher

EastCoastCB 03-11-2017 03:19 PM

The monkeys were left by the owners of Silver Springs. they're feral and out of control, like every animal people seem to think is ok to release here. The glades are overrun with pythons and the "eradication program" is LAUGHABLE!

plfking 03-11-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vderks (Post 190021)
Kinda off the point, but I really did not know there were wild monkeys in Florida.

Me neither.......that amazed me, so I googled it. Hard to believe they've been in that area for 70 or 80 years and not migrated northward in that time. Of course, maybe it takes that long to build up a population that NEEDS to migrate.

I love to kayak also, so I can definitely see a trip on this river in my future. I still remember the trip on the glass-bottomed boats when I was a kid. :smile:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.