School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   New Member Intros - Say Hello! (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/)
-   -   We're in houston, anyone near us?? (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/were-in-houston-anyone-near-us-18846.html)

2LOTR 08-12-2017 04:51 PM

We're in houston, anyone near us??
 
3 Attachment(s)
hi! we're converting a 1993 blue bird, fire red hot of a bus! a couple of cool cats and their teenage kids, their dog and their cat too:dance:. anyone nearby in houston, porter, new caney area?? would love to make new friends, obsess over skoolie plans and deets:popcorn:. Seems like everyone we know, think we're crazy for living our dream, we need new friends lol.:rofl:

IWC Bus 08-12-2017 05:13 PM

You are Crazy! I have the same problem in NYC.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Rusty 08-12-2017 06:07 PM

Howdy !
 
Cute BlueBird !

Can't wait to see your build.

and Welcome !

Tango 08-12-2017 06:30 PM

Welcome!!! We need more crazies in this world! --- And there are a number of us building Skoolies in the Greater Houston area. I'm sure they will all chime in shortly.

Meanwhile, don't be shy about asking questions and sharing pix. BTW...yours is now the second "Red Byrd". The first is a shorty.

cadillackid 08-12-2017 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
welcome to the jungle!!!!

nice rig!!!! I *LOVE* RED Bluebirds!!!!
Attachment 15265

-Christopher

M1031A1 08-13-2017 03:18 AM

Hey guys!

I'm in Katy, the bus is near Sugarland to the west and south of y'all. Welcome to the madness, er, um, derangement, well, um, sickness, eh, lunacy.... Yeah, lunacy called Skoolies!!!!!!:whistling::hide::facepalm::eek:

M :welcome:

Christine 08-13-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LOTR (Post 219040)
hi! we're converting a 1993 blue bird, fire red hot of a bus! a couple of cool cats and their teenage kids, their dog and their cat too:dance:. anyone nearby in houston, porter, new caney area?? would love to make new friends, obsess over skoolie plans and deets:popcorn:. Seems like everyone we know, think we're crazy for living our dream, we need new friends lol.:rofl:

Hi! I am in Houston and just bought a 2004 Blue bird on Friday. Most people think I am crazy, but are also jealous of the adventures that await me. Are you doing all the work yourself?

1olfart 08-13-2017 09:02 PM

Welcome to the fun. I'm on the other side of Lake Houston, in Crosby. Lots of good Houston area folks around. I'm looking forward to your build.
good luck

2LOTR 08-14-2017 01:13 PM

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for the friendly welcome! We're working on insulation today, flooring by the wend of the week and yep! We're doing the work all ourselves lol not that any of this is easy!

Tango 08-14-2017 02:57 PM

Hey...if it was easy...EVERYONE would be driving Skoolies!

miranduh 08-14-2017 10:56 PM

It looks like you have the same kind of bus as we got last week! We are right over here in Lake Charles, LA, cant wait to see what you come up with :)

adic27 08-15-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miranduh (Post 219472)
It looks like you have the same kind of bus as we got last week! We are right over here in Lake Charles, LA, cant wait to see what you come up with :)

Been stranded in lake charles for over a week at a loves truck stop. They finally called a tow company to tow my bus away literally after i got it back up and running and was trying to get it to Houston :banghead:

Phatman 08-15-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LOTR (Post 219040)
hi! we're converting a 1993 blue bird, fire red hot of a bus! a couple of cool cats and their teenage kids, their dog and their cat too:dance:. anyone nearby in houston, porter, new caney area?? would love to make new friends, obsess over skoolie plans and deets:popcorn:. Seems like everyone we know, think we're crazy for living our dream, we need new friends lol.:rofl:

Welcome aboard Crazies. There are quite a few of us Crazies in the Houston Area. Looks like ya'll are to the north of Houston. Yankee land !!!.......lol

turf 08-15-2017 10:37 AM

My welder/fabricator is pulling up his roots here and moving to the Houston/Galveston area. I'm sorry to see him leave Colorado. If y'all have any good employer suggestions, all would be appreciated and passed on to him.

miranduh 08-15-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adic27 (Post 219504)
Been stranded in lake charles for over a week at a loves truck stop. They finally called a tow company to tow my bus away literally after i got it back up and running and was trying to get it to Houston :banghead:

That doesn't sound good at all but the majority of people in Lake Charles are at least nice

Tango 08-15-2017 12:02 PM

Have him check with Blumenthal Sheetmetal. They do a LOT more than sheetmetal and were hiring last I heard. Great shop.

NomadN8 04-06-2018 01:36 PM

Hey guys.. I recently moved back to the Houston area and wouldn't mind seeing some builds and helping out as I am exploring the idea of a bus build in a year or two.

Christine 04-06-2018 01:39 PM

I am building!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NomadN8 (Post 262723)
Hey guys.. I recently moved back to the Houston area and wouldn't mind seeing some builds and helping out as I am exploring the idea of a bus build in a year or two.

Hi Nomad, I live in Houston and am almost finished with the gutting portion of my build. I am getting ready to paint the metal floor with POR 15 to protect from future rusting, but first I have about 1000 holes to fill!

Have you done a build before?

Tango 04-06-2018 01:41 PM

Quite a few Skoolies in the Houston area. Might be time for another meet 7 greet over at REHAB Bar on the Bayou.

What say you all?

PS...I am working on another large concrete sculpture there...again.

Christine 04-06-2018 01:45 PM

Meet and greet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 262726)
Quite a few Skoolies in the Houston area. Might be time for another meet 7 greet over at REHAB Bar on the Bayou.

What say you all?

PS...I am working on another large concrete sculpture there...again.

Tango,

That would be great. I live close to that area. Lets do it!

Christine


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.