School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Skoolie Conversion Projects (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/)
-   -   Got bus, and now the work begins. (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/got-bus-and-now-the-work-begins-19350.html)

45acp 09-24-2017 03:48 PM

Got bus, and now the work begins.
 
Week two, and the bus is winning.:oops:

https://youtu.be/CFW-QwNtd0Q

T-Bolt 09-24-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 225393)
Week two, and the bus is winning.:oops:

https://youtu.be/CFW-QwNtd0Q

Looks like the same bus as mine. What engine and transmission do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

45acp 09-25-2017 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bolt (Post 225399)
Looks like the same bus as mine. What engine and transmission do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi there. I have the 466 and I think it is 6030 trany.
I haven't seen any oil leaks. Got a lot of rust to Handel.

EastCoastCB 09-25-2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 225477)
Hi there. I have the 466 and I think it is 6030 trany.
I haven't seen any oil leaks. Got a lot of rust to Handel.

Lots of rust? is the bus from TX?

45acp 09-25-2017 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 225478)
Lots of rust? is the bus from TX?

I bought it here, but it looks like it may be from up north. It would appear that it got pressure washed inside the bus every school year. As soon as I figure out the state of origin I will post it.

Do you know how hard it is to get a MH title in TEXAS.

EastCoastCB 09-25-2017 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 225484)
I bought it here, but it looks like it may be from up north. It would appear that it got pressure washed inside the bus every school year. As soon as I figure out the state of origin I will post it.

Do you know how hard it is to get a MH title in TEXAS.

I'd figure TX would be one of the easy states, but have heard of folks having problems. There are certainly PLENTY of TX members on here, so its gotta be possible, right?

M1031A1 09-25-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 225486)
I'd figure TX would be one of the easy states, but have heard of folks having problems. There are certainly PLENTY of TX members on here, so its gotta be possible, right?

We're waiting until we get to Kansas before getting a MH plate. Texas pretends they don't have the invisible barriers they intentionally put up, then wonder why people do things their own way........

M

45acp 10-02-2017 07:36 AM

Got a lot done this weekend. No video,but I will put one up soon.
All the seats are out and half the rubber mat is up. This bus is so rusty.
I will have a lot of work to do. Clean-up will be in order next weekend.
:trash: I may have to get a welder?
Anyone know where to get the motors for the heaters?? It is a 2002 International. I have 3 heaters,and only one that runs.
Thanks.:Thanx:

45acp 10-05-2017 06:25 PM

Well my buddy came thru, on some good wood for my build. I have a friend that saves all the pallets that come thru there shop. And he called me and say he had some crates made out of oak. so I was happy. and I will have some oak wood on my bus. He has 3 crates and this is just one. More to come. :dance:
https://youtu.be/6VIbsGQanw0

cadillackid 10-05-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 226984)
Got a lot done this weekend. No video,but I will put one up soon.
All the seats are out and half the rubber mat is up. This bus is so rusty.
I will have a lot of work to do. Clean-up will be in order next weekend.
:trash: I may have to get a welder?
Anyone know where to get the motors for the heaters?? It is a 2002 International. I have 3 heaters,and only one that runs.
Thanks.:Thanx:

there are multiple places to get heater motors.. schoolbuspartsco sells motors that should be a pretty direct fit for the OEM ones...

-Christopher

ACamper 10-06-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 227582)
Well my buddy came thru, on some good wood for my build. I have a friend that saves all the pallets that come thru there shop. And he called me and say he had some crates made out of oak. so I was happy. and I will have some oak wood on my bus. He has 3 crates and this is just one. More to come. :dance:

Nice score..

45acp 10-06-2017 05:25 PM

Thanks Camper. You got any ideas on where to use this wood?? If I can get all the nails out I will run some thru the planer, to see how the grain looks.

ACamper 10-10-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 227752)
Thanks Camper. You got any ideas on where to use this wood?? If I can get all the nails out I will run some thru the planer, to see how the grain looks.

Personally I would probably use it for sheathing on the walls and ceiling. Might not be the best sheathing but it would save some money.

It might look really stylish sanded and stained.

45acp 10-10-2017 06:46 PM

I plan to run this wood thru the plainer. I am still working on getting all the rubber mat up. But I have to grab this wood when it is there.
I cant wait to get to the building part. I am in the demolition part.
A good supply of wood is a good start. I plan on doing a rustic wood look.
https://youtu.be/u5Yh0g7AAVs

45acp 10-28-2017 12:28 PM

Got some more work done.

https://youtu.be/wfSigp3OSEs

Rusty 10-28-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 231693)
Got some more work done.

https://youtu.be/wfSigp3OSEs

Love the yellow pry bar. Made for that job. I hope it's ok to take those out. Don't take out the chair rail on the wall down low.

I found it's easier prime and paint both sides of all that new steel before you lay it down. I try to work outside the bus whenever possible.

Once you fix the rust, look s to be a strong build foundation.

45acp 01-15-2018 04:51 PM

Update
 
https://youtu.be/Nm5nhK1Es9w

Rusty 01-15-2018 06:00 PM

All that good pallet wood turned-out nice.:thumb:

I can't tell if it's the video, but it sure looks parked close to that levee.:eek:

45acp 01-16-2018 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 245670)
All that good pallet wood turned-out nice.:thumb:

I can't tell if it's the video, but it sure looks parked close to that levee.:eek:

Yea I am on the edge. But I have free parking. :smile:

BassnTruck 01-16-2018 05:11 PM

Don't you have some tires to be making or something? :flipoff2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.