School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Conversion General Discussions (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/)
-   -   Finally, a project van !!! (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/finally-a-project-van-23545.html)

oricha1984 07-30-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJohn (Post 283660)
With all your money, just buy 2 new hoses from GMC dealer or hydraulic shop. Makes for peace of mind knowing they are in top shape.
John

Money? Hehe, I think you meant loans. lol
Yeah, stopping by the GMC/Chevrolet dealer might be a good idea.
ty

EastCoastCB 07-31-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 283665)
Money? Hehe, I think you meant loans. lol
Yeah, stopping by the GMC/Chevrolet dealer might be a good idea.
ty

You need a local mom n pop parts shop.

oricha1984 08-01-2018 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much to report.
Removed 1st passenger seat and dropped it on a second pool
Floating roaches . . .Attachment 24644

oricha1984 08-11-2018 09:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Slow progress.
Removed last seat. And even got the rear door open.
Attachment 24898Attachment 24899

EastCoastCB 08-11-2018 10:02 PM

Yay, I love when the doors open!

oricha1984 08-18-2018 07:33 PM

Does it have a cabin AC filter ? Where is it ?

https://youtu.be/GwraWcaTrDc

oricha1984 08-19-2018 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Removed more paneling.

Planning on buying some 'adhesive remover' to get rid of the insulation glue.
Also, will spray everything with baby soap solution and wipe down.Attachment 25154

oricha1984 09-04-2018 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's a problemAttachment 25508

oricha1984 09-08-2018 12:22 PM

Cheapest place to buy car battery?

EastCoastCB 09-08-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 289805)
Cheapest place to buy car battery?

Rural King, Walmart.

oricha1984 09-08-2018 02:46 PM

It'll be for next time.
Pick up a new one at AutoZone for 84.
Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 289813)
Rural King, Walmart.


EastCoastCB 09-08-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 289818)
It'll be for next time.
Pick up a new one at AutoZone for 84.

That's more than I pay for bus batteries.

oricha1984 09-08-2018 03:39 PM

That was the cheapest between autozone, auto parts, and orally.

Also, I'm changing MO.
I need something, I buy it, and move on.
Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 289819)
That's more than I pay for bus batteries.


EastCoastCB 09-08-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 289824)
That was the cheapest between autozone, auto parts, and orally.

Also, I'm changing MO.
I need something, I buy it, and move on.

I see.
Well can't wait to see the van!

oricha1984 10-12-2018 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so the heat from the engine is crazy on the floor.
is this the way to go ?
https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-So.../dp/B006LNWE7W

Mountain Gnome 10-12-2018 04:19 PM

if that is that bubble-wrap stuff, won't it pop if you step on it?

oricha1984 06-03-2019 04:56 PM

find the van ?
 
2 Attachment(s)
RED-NECK CAMPING with the kids.
Can you see the van ?

haven't really done too much with the van. did address most of the rust. I've been driving it around and not really had any mechanical problems so far.
I was expecting to run into all kinds of issues with such an older vehicle

EastCoastCB 06-03-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oricha1984 (Post 329656)
RED-NECK CAMPING with the kids.
Can you see the van ?

haven't really done too much with the van. did address most of the rust. I've been driving it around and not really had any mechanical problems so far.
I was expecting to run into all kinds of issues with such an older vehicle

I've been wondering how you guys are doing!
Glad the van is holding up.
We got an 87 Chevy 4x4 work truck and LOVE it. Older vehicles are the BEST!

HazMatt 06-03-2019 05:16 PM

Yanno, people say, "Red Neck," like it's a bad thing...
Looks like a good time was had by all: you, and your little Happy Campers! [emoji106]

Sleddgracer 06-03-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz.matt.1960 (Post 329664)
Yanno, people say, "Red Neck," like it's a bad thing...
Looks like a good time was had by all: you, and your little Happy Campers! [emoji106]

spending, by choice, much of my time outdoors in winter weather, I can say for a fact, that science hasn't yet come up with a fabric as insulating as fur or feathers - one fellow I'm aware of as a friend of a friend, and I did correspond with him one time to ask him if he would help with a grandchild's class assignment dealing with traditional Eskimo customs, wears caribou hide that his wife made for him - sewn correctly, it's not only warm and waterproof, it breaths so sweat buildup isn't a problem - sorry if some of my references turn out to be such long stories, but what about a lining for the dog house cover that's lined with old down filled parka's, or old mink coats for those that have them, to isolate the heat from the driver's area?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.