School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Electrical, Charging and Solar (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/)
-   -   Looking for Portland/Salem area electrical install (https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/looking-for-portland-salem-area-electrical-install-26738.html)

ladybird_bus 04-23-2019 11:24 AM

Looking for Portland/Salem area electrical install

Hi Skoolies!

I'm looking for someone to do the electrical installation on my bus in the Salem, or Portland OR area (or, I suppose, anywhere in between).

While I think I *could* figure it out myself, I'm only able to work on it on the weekends right now and I would rather it be moving along at a better pace.

Can anyone point me to qualified help? Local electricians won't even look at such an unconventional build.

Rovobay 04-23-2019 12:30 PM

What amount of electrical work are you talking about. solar? simple battery setup with shore power? 110v? 12v? inverters? I am not sure of anyone. I know the build can be slow. I usually only get 1 day a week to work on my bus. It has been painfully slow. I got it a year ago. My family just booked a beach trip and I requested to stay home that weekend so I can work on the bus. Last weekend was shot because I had to work OT on Saturday. Sunday was Easter so I was busy with the kiddos in the morning then the wife made me go car shopping as we bought a new Honda. I need bus time!

ladybird_bus 04-23-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovobay (Post 321416)
What amount of electrical work are you talking about. solar? simple battery setup with shore power? 110v? 12v? inverters? I am not sure of anyone. I know the build can be slow. I usually only get 1 day a week to work on my bus. It has been painfully slow. I got it a year ago. My family just booked a beach trip and I requested to stay home that weekend so I can work on the bus. Last weekend was shot because I had to work OT on Saturday. Sunday was Easter so I was busy with the kiddos in the morning then the wife made me go car shopping as we bought a new Honda. I need bus time!

12V and 110V, lithium batteries, inverter to run regular fridge and charge my laptop. Pretty simple. No solar for now - I just want to get it up and running asap.

But if you're not sure of anyone, it doesn't matter much about the details, does it? ;)

HazMatt 04-23-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybird_bus (Post 321417)
12V and 110V, lithium batteries, inverter to run regular fridge and charge my laptop. Pretty simple. No solar for now - I just want to get it up and running asap.

But if you're not sure of anyone, it doesn't matter much about the details, does it? ;)

Probably not immediately relevant, but possibly good gouge for a qualified someone who meanders thru the thread later on...

Rovobay 04-23-2019 01:58 PM

If it were simple enough, was hoping to encourage you to do the work yourself with guidance and encouragement from the forum to save you a few bucks if you were unable to find someone!!!

ladybird_bus 04-23-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovobay (Post 321431)
If it were simple enough, was hoping to encourage you to do the work yourself with guidance and encouragement from the forum to save you a few bucks if you were unable to find someone!!!

Thank you. I am reasonably sure that I could do it myself. It's an issue of time. I need the bus finished asap, but I run my own business and it's nuts right now. I can only work on the bus on the weekends, I haven't had a single day off in two months and I'm exhausted. It makes more sense to pay someone else to do the work (most likely faster and better than I could) during the five week days I can't be out there. :)